Reading Notes: Narayan's Ramayana, Section B




Part B
“A man enters into this world alone and departs alone.” I have heard this somewhere before, no? The mother, expecting thanks no doubt, did all for her son. The son calls her evil and is virtuous enough not to slay the evil doers, but he does so because he would lose the respect of his brother Rama and knowing that Rama would never speak to him a again, so he spares the evil old woman and his mother. This is not the purest form of virtue but rather the virtue of one who knows they must do an action due to coercion.

Wise evil doer, try’s to help Rama by giving views of atheist inkling, but Rama showing, for the first time, anger when approached with anti- theist views. This he can not abide. Up until now he obeys, a clearly manipulated motive that springs out of evil but he makes, what he perceives, a virtuous choice without complaint. Just so all of you know, I will be faithful to the mandate of my king. I will keep my promise. Let my brother be king and I will stay in the jungle.
The sandals, wow, he really is going to use an umbrella to shade his brother’s sandals?
The beast is thrown into a pit because he cannot die
Meeting Rama in battle has fulfilled the prophecy of the one who timed the curse. The defeat of attacking Rama was enough for the beast to attain eternal salvation.

I love the visual I get from the Battle of Khara, wild animals howling, the sky is a dark purple-red and a headless horror appeared in mid air. Rama tell Lakshmana to take his girl to safety and then loses his kind demeanor. He is facing his demons in the only way any of us can. Alone. With his brilliant armor on. He looked like the God of Death. He kills his rival and the captain of the team gets the prom Queen.


The author is anonymous

 How I pictured the below battle as he awaited the arrival of his enemies.

 


I can feel Rama’s grief as he calls out vainly to the moon. All my friends are passing away. If I were to sit in the shade of a tree, the tree would fall; if I stooped to drink water from a river, verily the river would dry up.” Rama says this is just my luck. Not feeling as confident as usual.
Like Shavari, many people seem to be waiting for Rama and he ends up being the last person they see.

Bibliography: Public Domain Ramayana

Comments