Reading Options



I have never taken a mythology class before, but love everything associated with the topic. Some of the stories that come to my mind when hearing the word Mythology:

  •     Greek Gods taking human wives
  •     Hiram Abiff being raised over and over again
  •   Dragons protecting treasure
  •   Demons walking among us
  •   Golden Fleece
  •   Clash of the Titans

I was raised in a branch of Christianity that was a bit on the fringe. After trying extremely strict, I decided to try a much much looser interpretation to scriptures. This led me to a unique perspective on religion. I am self-taught but have obsessed about religious texts. Comparative Religion is fascinating. I have not read the sacred books of Islam, Buddhism, or Hinduism. I have recently started reading Buddhist type stuff employing mindfulness. I would love to read about the Hindu, or Buddhist. I have meditated on many occasion but would not refer to myself as one who meditates. I have seen so many beautiful pictures out of the traditions of the east that make me want to know more. Blue people with their lounges sticking out, multiple heads, elephant heads on people. I would love to understand why. 



Ganesha Graffiti:
Web Source

I choose the second option because I love audio reading. Also, it sounds like the second option will get more ideas on writing style.

Comments