Famous Last Words


Picture by: Ramanarayanadatta astri


The Mahabrata is so long and intense. It feels like I am missing tons of stuff even while we are working at reading it. I read some challenging texts but this one seems so challenging. I am also running behind in this class. It takes me much longer to accomplish the tasks than to be expected so I am continuously up against the wall on this class. That aside, I have enjoyed some very interesting pieces of the story that make lots of sense to me. I love the story of the many immaculate conceptions. That was so strange and yet interesting at the say time. The lesson that I keep seeing is that things can have unintended consequences. The story of Bithma was interesting, the way he seems to do everything as right as he knows to do but still manages to really upset a person so badly that they killed themselves to get a quicker date to the time that they could kill him. He never even fights her either, that is strange. I suppose it shows piety, but then to come to this world for the purpose of simply committing revenge on a person, seems to me that is a very negative emotion, maybe even evil. I love that she comes to him and they have this Darth Vadar moment where Bithma knows that this person holds his destiny and is coming to end his life, still he cant die until he constants to it so to show how much he is concerned about death, he has more great lessons as he is lying in a bed of swords. He is on that bed for around 50+ days. That is a strange over played part of this story. He is clearly hard to kill but, nobody expects him to last that long like that.

Comments