Reading Notes, Mahabharata One Week Option, Parts A-B

By: Ramnaday andatta Shastri Pandey
This week I took a stab at the one week video. It was fantastic. I think I prefer this way of learning the story. I loved the imagery. I will speak out of order by the way that I found the most interesting stories in order. I have been zoning out on the reading of the story of Ekalavya. I find this story to be so powerful. Even as time has past, I continue to the think about the injustices placed on Ekalavya by Drona. The way this story grips me using injustice for the sake of nothing but ambition and the pride of a spoiled child. I really cant stand Drona or Arjuna at this point. In fact I am hoping something bad happens to them immediately. What a great job by the story teller to raise this emotion up in a reader. We love to hate people that having wronged others and then seem to thrive. I think for my story, I will allow my villain to thrive in the face of complete and total injustice served on another that did not deserve such treatment. The more virtuous the better. I will make my readers hate the villain and then maybe force them to see it from the villain perspective until they love the villain and then maybe I will kill the villain to perpetuate the strong emotional response. I also have picked up on using brief tid-bits of the story to make a great point of highlighting the story only to keep moving quickly to the next topic. The strange mass of flesh seemed weird and memorable. I could use oddities to confuse and fascinate my readers. I caught myself thinking ahead, perhaps because I know the story, that the mass of flesh is the 100 sons. Of course we knew this was going to happen but still, the second time it was much more powerful




Bibliography:


The Mahabharata:Karmic Revolution
By: Epified TV (India)

Comments