Review: OU History of Science


I can't help but notice that there is so many great resources available on these daily announcements that I have a hard time keeping up. On to the reason I made this post. I was taking this class called modern religion, a few years back, and I had the pleasure of being invited to the archive floor in the Library located on campus. Some of the things on display was a original Galileo manuscript, Descartes Meditations, and several books with pictures like the one below. The interesting thing is that they were being presented as if they were real and that if one were well traveled, they too would see these crazy and some times dangerous creatures. I spent a few hours browsing through some of them. If you are on the OU Campus and you have time, be sure to stop by and see how utterly interesting the science used to be.



Comments