Reading Notes, Peter Brook's Mahabharata, First Half






Mahabharata:
 in version performed in a play by Peter Brook



Image result for mahabharata
By: Lisa Davis




Everything is so much slower in the play. I love this version.

I have been watching the play, Peter Brook’s The Mahabharata

Seeing Ganesh in this striking fashion, makes my imagination come alive.

I realize that Karna’s existence makes the removal of Ekalavya’s thumb a complete waste.

It seemed so senseless. Perhaps to shock the readers of my story would be a cool idea.

The illusion of Ganesh to Krishna was interesting. I feel like I could watch this a few times picking up more and more from it each time.

The frustration of a gambler going forward like an out of control train was interesting.

I noticed the drive for honor in terms of never turning down a challenge really came through on this version.

Bibliography: 







By: Peter Brook

Comments