Week 8 Growth Mindset

Writing Daily Will Change Who You Are


By: Cole Nemeth

My mindset could not be classified as linear. Depending on the activity, I move across this chart.

doing the minimum
—
pushing yourself to go farther
looking for praise and other rewards
—
finding motivation inside yourself
staying in the comfort zone
—
being willing to try new things
focusing on grades
—
focusing on learning
expecting things to stay the same
—
being ready for things to change
taking a short-term view
—
taking a long-term view
letting others make choices for you
—
setting your own goals
playing it safe
—
taking risks
thinking you are "not good" at something
—
being confident you can improve
choosing what's easy
—
choosing what's hard
wanting to get things right the first time
—
being ready to spend time practicing
doing things at the last minute
—
setting your own schedule and priorities
generally feeling bored and/or frustrated
—
generally feeling curious and/or excited
wanting only positive feedback
—
being open to any and all feedback
being a perfectionist
—
always ready to learn more
feeling defensive about mistakes
—
being willing to learn from mistakes
comparing yourself to others
—
focusing on your own progress
sticking to what you know
—
asking lots of questions

By: Laura Gibbs

When bored, I do the menu. When inspired, I am pushing myself farther, but for the purposes of this blog posting, we will pretend I am pointing my words at my writing and the skills needed to complete this course. As far as writing is concerned, I am so excited about how much better I feel about my writing. I really appreciate the learning I am getting in this class. I am finding motivation inside me. I feel willing to try new things. I am focusing on learning. I am ready for things to change. I am taking a long-term view. I haven’t set any real lofty goals so I should look at doing that. I have been taking big risks in my writing and it feels like they have paid off. I feel confident I can improve. I have chosen what is hard, I had an easy A and dropped it. I am so glad I took this instead. I have been spending time practicing. I need to work on setting my own schedule and priorities. I have been doing things last minute. I have been feeling generally curious and excited. I am totally open to any feedback. I am always ready to learn. I am willing to learn from mistakes. I have been focusing on my own progression while asking lots of questions.

I to continue to grow in the regions of creativity and the process of getting ideas on paper. I would like to get better at solving grammatical errors. I want to fearless about my writing and improve. I will try to stay in front of this class a bit better the next half. I can use spring break to try to work ahead.

As I searched for the proper meme for this assignment today, I found an interesting article. It immediately spoke to me from the meme. It said, "Writing positively daily will change your life". I thought about it for a moment. I have been writing daily and it has been changing my life. It is changing how I think and by poxy, who I am. That is powerful. I think of everything as a potential story. I love the feeling this blog has given me. I must say that writing has given me a pleasant surprise. I took this class hoping to find great books to read, but I think I have picked up a new passion. I do not feel the desire to be a great writer for others to read my work but a feeling of accomplishment considering from where I was when I started this class. I want to try to keep this habit after the class ends to continue in the growth mindset.

Bibliography:

Comments