Reading Notes, Krishna Key, Part C,



by: Bryan Tong Minh

I could describe a big chase scene

I could alternate between two entirely separate stories

Use real religious Ideals to describe my true story. Like the Chakra, Shiv lingam

Create a complicated system of puzzles for the reader to figure out.

Use other fonts to better designate the difference between two separate stories or maybe I could use that to show time. This writer also uses fonts to show that the person is thinking thoughts in their mind rather than audible speech.

Tying real things to the story seems to add a layer of legitimacy. Also, putting in current events could have an interesting effect on my reader. Make connections that seem to be legit even if they are not. It seems downright genius in this book the way he has made a connection between Vedic worship and some hidden power that rivals the energy created from using nuclear energy.

Keep using Sanskrit, I like that detail.

Include the history of a foreign place, that seems to be having a cool effect here on me. I can visualize it well and I keep wanting to go visit or look up what that place would really look like.

Using professors in a particular subject adds a layer of authority to what they claim to be true. 

Bibliography:
The Krishna Key

Comments

  1. I knew this had to be a Krishna Key post as soon as I saw that picture! (I will never look at reactor buildings in the same way since reading that book!). And what you are doing with the notes is a really good idea: for a story, you would not be re-telling part of the novel, but instead using Sanghi's stylistic tricks for your own mysterious story, like the way he uses bits of Sanskrit (you can find lots of Sanskrit mantras online), the way he has characters who are authority figures and thus provide credibility to his truth claims, etc. etc. Then, in the author's note to your story, you can tell your readers which stylistic tricks you borrowed from Ashwin Sanghi based on how he used them in his novel. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment