Famous Last Words: If It Were Easy, Even Sisyfos Would Finish Up

So this is my first attempt at famous last words, and I think the thing that stands out to me the most is the immense amount of pressure students are under. It is a heavy burden placed on us. I can say that with some certainty because I’ve been in the cold cruel world before I coming back to the classroom. Students could drive themselves crazy trying to meet every deadline and know every nook and cranny of the experience. The term of drinking water through a firehose comes to mind. The struggle is real but its worth it. I am very proud of what I have accomplished in this university and I would not hold my head up very high if it were not so difficult. In the beginning of this semester, I had signed up for this class and another class that was what everyone takes their last semester because it is an easy A. Like the picture below, it seem to be futile hopeless labor at times, but those of us that have weathered the storm, realize this is not eternal and upon reflection, we see that things are quite frankly not that bad. 


by Tiziano Vecelli

After I saw the curriculum for this class, I was instantly sold. I knew I had to take this class
for the purposes of growth. I am very glad I did, I am learning so much about stories. This is a dimension that I really have very little if any experience; however, I think it is a skill that could help even in technical careers such as one I am about to start.


On a not so lighter note, I must admit that I am struggling with keeping myself organized and staying on top of the class work load. I have started the semester out with being an eye witness in a hearing, the last 3 weeks of a 5-week class, a capstone project that required my total attention, I just had my company offer me a great job with engineering services in Denver Colorado causing me to need to travel, tomorrow starts another one week process of no sleep resulting in a competition with other students in front of industry professionals. Things have been tight in terms of time. I think that I am about to gain a little bit of time due to the STATS 5-week class ending. I must say, I am so glad things are this hard. It makes the perspectives shift. There is no way I could have started at this pace. I have come a long way with skill and speed and I am confident that I will pass with excellence. I feel good with this class stretching my mind into an area that I am less confident. As I stated in the Title, If It Was Easy, Everyone Would Be Doing It. I need to get a little more time into this class or I might start to slip. Allot of points are going unchecked and I want to stop the bleeding, now before it is too late.

Comments