StoryTelling, Week 4, "Guess My Name"







Hello There!

Spitzer Telescope Emergence Solar System Telescope


Hello there friend!
Yes, I’m talking to you.
Don’t be alarmed, you are not going crazy. I have chosen not to speak to you until this day and this appointed time. I want to tell you a story in the way that only I can. You will hear it told differently but this is what you need to hear today. For years, I’ve been watching you, you aren’t like the others, are you? You are more in-tune with your surroundings and maybe a little quicker than your peers in all the right ways. Did you think it was by accident? Of course, not, you were chosen from the beginning. I know what you are wondering, you want to know who I am. I have had many names throughout the ages, don’t worry about that for right now, we will get to that. For now, let’s talk about your destiny. Part of the journey is discovering your destiny for yourself, I would never spoil the surprise. We have been clearing your path since the beginning and now is your time.
You are confused? Good, then my work is complete. I want to tell you the sacred story. Save your questions, only time will answer those. Maybe it happened and maybe it didn’t, within the story is the answer to your query, or maybe just another riddle, but always a bit of light for you to find your personal journey. Pay attention, I will only utter the story one time.
We need to awaken a part of you that has, as of yet, been sleeping. It all started when an old friend of mine wanted to help humanity. He became flesh and walked among the humans with all the same desires and temptations that you have throughout your life. He was flawless in his nature. Of course, this was the nature of our kind. As I said, we were there from the beginning so the definition of virtue was placed in your heart by my kind.
Though it was him, the path of the flesh removes all memory of previous life. It was as if he was born anew. His name was Prometheus. This was great fun for him. To be able to learn new things, experience the emotions of the humans without knowledge of what’s to come next. Honestly, I don’t know how you poor creatures manage it.
He came but for one purpose, but he must first remember that purpose before he can accomplish his task. The process was not without risk, we all knew that if he did not accomplish his journey in the very few years he has as a human, he would be lost in the Sea of Neveremeber which is just south of oblivion. No being has ever returned from that place. Such is the fate of all that do not accomplish their journey. Ah but what a fantastic adventure awaits those that find and accomplish their task.



Authors Note:
I ran out of time, but was planning on setting up the story as if Rama was just another story about a thing that happens every once an a while. The Gods just need to send a savior every once and  a while and prometheus was a repeat of Rama. It is supposed to be cryptic. I wanted to make the reader interested by being cryptic and making them guess what I am talking about but to be wrong. Those are the kinds of movies I love to watch. I am setting up a story with end in mind and hoping to pull from other legends to give it a familiar feel while hoping I can surprise the reader by being predictable until I am not. The point is to surprise the reader so this is only a work in progress.

Comments

  1. This story was really interesting to read! I like how the person was mysterious and talked directly to the reader. You are really good at this storytelling style and you should try to use it in your portfolio or storybook! I would love to see the completed version of this story if you ever get around to it! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment