Wikipedia Trials, From Krishna to Prayer flags


So the idea wass that I would find out a bit more information about Krishna. I was suprised to find out that he was not very popular under the obvious headings in wikipedia at least. This week I was hard pressed to find anything with a narrative but no shortage of pictures. the above is a beautiful view of a hotel in Dubai. This breathtaking photo was taken by Dey.sandip. Since I was struggling with finding words to read, I decided to keep digging and this time I used the author of the photos link and found out all the places he was traveling to take these beautiful photos. for instance, check out this photo of a Buddhist prayer hall that was just cut out of the stone.


Adjanta Prayer HallAjanta Prayer Hall

Here is another prayer hall. they all seem to be elaborate.


by Erwin Soo



Prayer Flag

These remind me of the used car dealer's going out of business sale for crazy Larry's Auto Sales. They are not prayers for the gods but rather a blessing given to that area. The ancients would carry these blessings written on their clothing and on banners. The prayer flag was introduced. the colors are specific and represent the elements, known to Buddhist as the five great lights. 




Comments

  1. Hi Rhino! You lost me there about Krishna not being popular... he is the most popular form of Vishnu worshipped all over India... here's the main article, and it's got tons of links that go to his related stories:
    Krishna-Wikipedia
    It would be so much fun to teach a course all about Krishna: in terms of hero adventures, he has the most of any single character in the ancient Indian stories. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Professor Gibbs, I think I got caught up in a picture only side trail. When I input the search from google, I find tons of things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment