Week 8 Growth Mindset

Writing Daily Will Change Who You Are


By: Cole Nemeth

My mindset could not be classified as linear. Depending on the activity, I move across this chart.

doing the minimum
pushing yourself to go farther
looking for praise and other rewards
finding motivation inside yourself
staying in the comfort zone
being willing to try new things
focusing on grades
focusing on learning
expecting things to stay the same
being ready for things to change
taking a short-term view
taking a long-term view
letting others make choices for you
setting your own goals
playing it safe
taking risks
thinking you are "not good" at something
being confident you can improve
choosing what's easy
choosing what's hard
wanting to get things right the first time
being ready to spend time practicing
doing things at the last minute
setting your own schedule and priorities
generally feeling bored and/or frustrated
generally feeling curious and/or excited
wanting only positive feedback
being open to any and all feedback
being a perfectionist
always ready to learn more
feeling defensive about mistakes
being willing to learn from mistakes
comparing yourself to others
focusing on your own progress
sticking to what you know
asking lots of questions

By: Laura Gibbs

When bored, I do the menu. When inspired, I am pushing myself farther, but for the purposes of this blog posting, we will pretend I am pointing my words at my writing and the skills needed to complete this course. As far as writing is concerned, I am so excited about how much better I feel about my writing. I really appreciate the learning I am getting in this class. I am finding motivation inside me. I feel willing to try new things. I am focusing on learning. I am ready for things to change. I am taking a long-term view. I haven’t set any real lofty goals so I should look at doing that. I have been taking big risks in my writing and it feels like they have paid off. I feel confident I can improve. I have chosen what is hard, I had an easy A and dropped it. I am so glad I took this instead. I have been spending time practicing. I need to work on setting my own schedule and priorities. I have been doing things last minute. I have been feeling generally curious and excited. I am totally open to any feedback. I am always ready to learn. I am willing to learn from mistakes. I have been focusing on my own progression while asking lots of questions.

I to continue to grow in the regions of creativity and the process of getting ideas on paper. I would like to get better at solving grammatical errors. I want to fearless about my writing and improve. I will try to stay in front of this class a bit better the next half. I can use spring break to try to work ahead.

As I searched for the proper meme for this assignment today, I found an interesting article. It immediately spoke to me from the meme. It said, "Writing positively daily will change your life". I thought about it for a moment. I have been writing daily and it has been changing my life. It is changing how I think and by poxy, who I am. That is powerful. I think of everything as a potential story. I love the feeling this blog has given me. I must say that writing has given me a pleasant surprise. I took this class hoping to find great books to read, but I think I have picked up a new passion. I do not feel the desire to be a great writer for others to read my work but a feeling of accomplishment considering from where I was when I started this class. I want to try to keep this habit after the class ends to continue in the growth mindset.

Bibliography:

Comments